Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Baby is a Toddler


In the last week I have watched Carson argue with Christian & Isabelle over what to watch on TV (he prefers Elmo, Thomas, or the Wiggles to their preferences of Dora & Diego), refuse to sleep in his crib (he would rather sleep on the floor in the twins room), and insist that he has "one, two, three, five boogers" in his nose when there was in fact none. But I think the action that really caught my attention was when he wanted to wear underwear and after about 5 attempts to use the potty he ran up to me and said "Mommy, I pee undies." This is the moment when I knew that while he will always be my baby, he was no longer a baby.

Carson cheesin' on the potty

I really shouldn't be surprised by this. After all, he'll be turning two in just a couple of months and this behavior really isn't new. He's had the attitude of a three year old for about 4 months now and has been speaking in sentences for about 6. And he already knows how to stick his bottom lip out just right so that I will give into whatever he wants. And this whole crib boycott has been going on for sometime. I guess I just was not ready to admit that my baby has turned into a full fledged toddler.

Carson pulling some strings

Don't ge me wrong, I think that toddlers are great and a ton of fun. I now have 3 of them and cherish every moment. It's just that Carson was my last baby and that's a little hard to let go of. I guess it's time to start relying on my friends to start popping them out so that I can get my baby fix :)

No comments:

Post a Comment