I realize Super Bowl Sunday was over two weeks ago, however the last two weeks of my life were abnormally busy. And I want to blog about this particular Sunday because while it didn't involve a superbowl bash, it was one of the funnest superbowl Sundays I can recall. Here's how the day went:
At approx 10 am on the morning we had already cleaned up from breakfast and were gearing up to take the kids outside. It was a sunny and nice day by this winters standards and the kids were itching to get out of the house.
At approx 10 am on the morning we had already cleaned up from breakfast and were gearing up to take the kids outside. It was a sunny and nice day by this winters standards and the kids were itching to get out of the house.
Isabelle eating the head off her snowman...
Christian found that the best way to eat the snow was to lay right in it!
We spent the afternoon running a relay race around the house, playing a long game of hide and seek (this entailed them hiding wherever mommy just hid and then jumping out and giggling "here I am" no sooner than they said "I’m ready"), watching some Dora & Diego, playing duck duck goose (where Carson would tap each person on the head and say "duck goose" and laugh) and reading books. We also threw in a few rounds of ring around the rosie christian-style, which is when "we all jump up" instead of fall down.
Around kick off time we sat down to enjoy some buffalo chicken dip and watch the game. The kids (and myself) found the game to be a little boring so we had a little webkinz time to spruce things up. At about half time it was off to bed for the kiddos, and relaxation for the 'rents.
So while there was no big party, no cocktails, no superbowl squares, etc.. it really was a perfect superbowl sunday. It was just a perfect day, really. It was one of those days that really made me appreciate the family Brian and I have made together. I couldn’t imagine any other thing I would rather doing than living, loving, and laughing with Brian and our 3 little angels.
No comments:
Post a Comment